Your Say More Consultant:
At heart, I love to communicate. I love talking, writing, editing, creating, presenting. If it involves words or pictures that make complex ideas accessible, I love it. And I love helping other people communicate better.
The top ten things to know about me:
- I am a leader. When there isn’t a way, I make one. I lost my job to COVID-19, so I founded a support group to serve others in the same position. I am proactive, and I don’t like to sit still.
- I’m smart. I’m an avid learner and thinker. To hone my cultural understanding, I listen to NPR, watch PBS, read the Wall Street Journal, and devour more than 20 nonfiction books a year.
- I learn fast and go deep. I onboard quickly and deliver value early even when new to an industry.
- I have diverse aptitudes. My experience spans higher education, scientific research, healthcare, technology, economics, management, employee relations and benefits, civil rights, religion, real estate development, law, and more.
- I live for quality. When I take on a project, I deliver excellence. My technical writing on endodontic treatment–the dental procedure otherwise know as “a root canal”–won a Golden Pencil from the Chicago PRSA.
- I get results. I ensured an uneventful California shop closing through culturally sensitive community relations. I improved patients’ experiences with root canal treatment with compassionate educational materials. I ensured that dentists and endodontists learned to serve patients better by researching and producing training on patient satisfaction. I improved the efficacy of fundraising materials that raised more than $20 million for scientific research and capital improvements.
- I believe in the power of storytelling. Stories influence decision-making in ways data, marketing, and advertising cannot.
- Positive personality! People respond to my sunny disposition and enthusiasm. I have presence, listen carefully, and write with authority. I easily earn people’s trust because they know that I truly care about them.
- I’m a team player. I flex when needed. I motivate myself but love to collaborate. I also thrive on criticism.
- I have diversity and inclusion training as well as varied life experiences. I grew up on a farm, went away to college, then spent several years living in Chicago while working for an international organization on the Magnificent Mile. I lived for two decades in a large Chicago suburb. Recently, I’ve made my home in a rural town in Southern Illinois near St. Louis, Missouri. I relate well in various cultures and with many types of people.
Explore the links below and reach out to me soon to explore how we might join forces to say more!